7 LIFE CHANGES TO MAKE NOW
What you need to know...
- Most of what you know has been taught to you by commercials and carefully planned advertisements in the form of bogus articles and fake research.
- The only way to really achieve great things in life is to unlearn all of the false ideas that seek to rob you of your health and hard earned money.
- The only person who can control what you achieve and how you impact the world is yourself.
That said, here are 7 changes you should make in your life if your desire is to live a Hold Fast life. However, it is important to remember that the path we lay out isn't for everyone. Some of the things we say may even offend you; we don't care. Our goal isn't to make everyone feel special or to validate poor choices. Our goal is to tell what we know to be the truth in order to help others take a path in life that 99% of people avoid because it is hard.
1. Get rid of your excess baggage - Look around your house, car and office and you are likely to be surrounded by a sea of possessions that have little or no use. These items likely cost you a large sum of hard earned money, yet they sit in a corner, drawer or closet, waiting to be discarded or donated to the local thrift store. You may not realize it, but all of this extra stuff is slowly sucking up valuable time that could have been dedicated to your training, your work, loved ones, or simply enjoying life. It is not always obvious, but all of this extra stuff requires constant maintenance and continuously needs to be cleaned, organized and moved around in order to accommodate the constant inflow of new material crap entering your life. Most of this stuff is not necessary for living a happy life and is usually purchased simply to display some outward expression of success to reassure ourselves that we aren't failures or because there is some memory attached to them. The second reason is a little more difficult for some, but we say let go of all of that shit. Jesus himself used to preach that people should let go of their material things in order to find real happiness. You don’t need to be radical (or maybe you should), but break free from this thinking and start ridding your life of excess things that are not adding real value to your life.
2. Stop buying things you don't need - This goes with 1, but once you have eliminated all of the useless stuff in your life, don't go out and replace it with more useless stuff. Not only does excess consumption rob you of money that could pay down debt or be invested for the future, it also robs you of valuable time that could be spent creating real value in your life. Ask yourself; how many days have you spent wandering around malls or shops simple looking at useless things? What could you have been doing with that time instead of wasting it like a shopping zombie? Focus on the essentials and living simply. Then watch how much time and money you create in your life.
3. Unplug from the matrix - This is pretty self explanatory, but don’t let your electronic devices rule your life. Reality is much more rewarding and the warm bodies that live on this side of the screen are much more enjoyable in real life. Get your phone out of your pocket too. All of that electro-magnet frequency can’t be good for your T-levels if you know what I’m saying. Would you stick your balls in a microwave? Probably not.
4. Stop using credit cards - This one seems to piss a lot of people off for some reason, but it is the truth... Rewards programs are for suckers. Sorry, they just are. Everyone I say this to says they pay their balance off every month so it is okay, but most of those people are liars. Credit card companies offer you rewards as a way to get you to justify using credit instead of cash. What you don't understand is that that coveted airline ticket you are seeking will cost you multiple times what you would pay for it due to the interest you are being charged on your balance. Rewards programs only serve to benefit the banks that issue them, not you. Cut up the card(s) and pay cash for everything. If you want to go on a trip, do what your grandparents did and save up and buy it with cash.
5. Start using your money for buying real freedom - The world wants your money. They want you to believe that you should trade your car in every three years for a new lease trapping you in car payments for life. Then the government will tell you to take out astronomical amounts of student debt so that they can collect a portion of your income through interest for 20 years, all the while smiling and saying they are helping you. Then when you think you couldn't possibly go deeper in debt, your banker will convince you to buy a house and enslave you to a mortgage for 30 years sucking hundreds of thousands of dollars out of your pocket. Oh, and let’s not forget the credit card company soaking you for 17% interest every month.
This is true insanity and should not be considered normal. It is modern day indentured servitude, so instead of wasting money upgrading appliances and constantly buying things you don't need, use your money to give yourself a chance at a future of real freedom. Commit to paying off all debt and living debt free. Financial professionals will tell you this is a bad idea, but that is because the only person who benefits from living debt free is you. It may take several years, but once you are free of your debt you will truly have the freedom to build the future you envision for yourself. The sooner you realize you are a slave to your banker and your possessions, the sooner you can begin to change the shape of your future.
6. Stop eating processed food and take high quality supplements - Look at almost all lifestyle related diseases (i.e., diabetes, cholesterol, high blood pressure, etc.) and the primary cause is almost always diet. Our food is poisoning us, yet very few people take the time to carefully select and prepare their meals. Instead, 99% of people would rather wait until they have immune system issues or a chronic condition before taking action. Then they will gladly accept the pharmacological cure that traditional medicine will prescribe them, along will all of the side effects and backwards logic associated with treating the symptoms instead of the cause.
Only you can create wellness and prevent disease. As Mark Sisson and Mike Dolce always say; get back to nature and re-wild yourself by focusing on earth grown nutrients and natural foods. Eliminate anything that comes in box and eat as little wheat, corn, soy and commercial dairy as possible. It may sound boring, but eating primarily raw fruits, vegetables, nuts and lean meat will do more for your health than any magic solution your doctor may prescribe you.
7. Train and live for longevity, not simply for the moment - There is nothing more dangerous than living for the present without considering how your choices will impact your future. In everything you do, from going home from a bar with someone you just met. To running up a huge credit card bill. Always keep a long term view in mind. Bulking up, partying your face off and loading your body up with crappy food may seem like good choices now, but when you hit your 30s and 40s you likely have joint problems, have kids with people you don't love, and be two paychecks away from bankruptcy. Always assess the value of your choices and take calculated risks. The consequences will be far more enjoyable.
Focus...Work Hard...Hold Fast.