Health Benefits of Spirulina and Chlorella Daily
Should you take Spirulina and Chlorella?
The following article was originally posted on Natural News on Wednesday, March 12, 2014 by: Yanjun
We hear so much about super-foods these days. There are hundreds of super-food options on the market, and most of them contain a wide range of minerals, vitamins, enzymes and various other disease fighting components. But there's only one super-food that stands out among the rest, and you should take it every single day to ensure your health: spirulina.
It's a unique blue green algae that is rich in chlorophyll and many other life-giving nutrients.
Let's have a close look at various health benefits of spirulina
• Spirulina is rich in various infection-fighting proteins that help in increasing various disease-combating antibodies within your body. It has more than 70 percent protein, which is highest among all foods, and helps in boosting the production of white blood cells that fight and prevent infection.
• In a 2005 study published in the Journal of Medicinal Food, it was found that high doses of spirulina also help in inhibiting many allergic reactions in the body, particularly among those who suffer from allergic rhinitis.
• Spirulina is also effective in the treatment of anemia. In his book Healing with Whole Foods - Asian Traditions and Modern Nutrition, Paul Pitchford explains how spirulina boosts the production of red blood cells, particularly when taken in combination with vitamin B12.
• Rich in chlorophyll and phycocyanin, spirulina is also a powerful blood purifier. Aside from promoting blood cell growth, these two vital nutrients also rejuvenate the existing blood supply. In fact, the structure of chlorophyll is nearly identical to hemoglobin, an important molecule responsible for transporting oxygen to the cells and cleaning the blood.
• Spirulina is also rich in all eight essential amino acids, 10 non-essential amino acids, B complex vitamins, zeaxanthin, the antioxidants beta carotene, the essential fatty acid gamma linolenic acid, beneficial probiotic bacteria, dozens of trace minerals and pathogen-targeting proteins. Spirulina also has unmatched ability to boost your immune system.
• All these nutrients also detoxify the body and cells of various heavy metals and toxins. In fact, spirulina is a good chleating agent that reaches deep into the body tissues and roots out various toxins such as arsenic, mercury, radiation, pesticides, cadmium, environmental carcinogens and synthetic food chemicals.
• In a 1988 study carried out in Japan, it was found that spriulina also lowers cholesterol levels and reduces underlying inflammation due to cholesterol accumulation in the bloodstream.
• All those who are obese can lose weight taking spirulina on daily basis. This is due to its ability to induce weight loss and promote development of lean muscle mass.
If you want to experience all the benefits of spirulina, it's necessary that you consume several grams of this nutrient-dense superfood per day. Interested in buying the best spirulina? For maximum benefits, consider only top brands because they are cultivated, harvested, and packed in such a way as to avoid any contamination due to toxic microcystins.
Sources for this article include:
About the author:
Sofiya has written articles on most health-related topics, including traditional medicine, alternative and naturopathic and natural treatments, wellness, medical marijuana, diets and fitness.